RE: Some drive line thoughts for Mr. Truk

To: "'Bryan A. Savage Jr'" <basavage@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: Some drive line thoughts for Mr. Truk
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 11:18:10 -0500
Bryan;

Most clutch manufacturers warn about increased driveline shock loading when
you go to a solid hub clutch disk. Non- racing clutch disks have springs in
the hub that cushion the engagement shock. Ditto for a clutch disk with no
"marcel"; that's the wavy flat spring that allows the clutch friction faces
to engage progressively. Most racing clutch disks don't have any marcel so
their engagement is sudden and brutal. "You pays yer money and you takes yer
choice."

Regards, Neil     Tucson, AZ