Re: Some drive line thoughts for Mr. Truk

To: "Bryan A. Savage Jr" <basavage@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Some drive line thoughts for Mr. Truk
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 16:51:59 -0500
Bryan.... Your thoughts are worth considering... however this isn't what
caused the problem on the salt this year.... Dang Dahlgren was my problem
with the Six speed..... he made to much Torque for the girly
transmission....

I've done the initial research into what the new trans is going to be... and
it looks like a Jerico 4 speed.... I'd like to have a 5 speed but they are
just a tick to expensive in comparision... the 4 gear is 3600 new and the 5
is 6400.... so I'm looking like a push truck kinda guy...  Fine... I don't
have an issue with that...

I have used the 2 speed power glide in the Lakester for a couple of Maxton
meets now and can see just how bad that set up is in comparison to 4
speed....  it just takes to much away from you early in the course... this
is my opinion but I'm sure Dave can back it up with fact on his Trans
program....

Keith