That Dang Ken Bond

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: That Dang Ken Bond
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 08:51:30 -0500
        So I'm hanging out this morning pulling the Rodeck outta the car...
Gotta
pull the trans at the same time.... and to get there I had to remove the
belly pan...    ( step pan according to the lesser informed )...
Everything is just rosy till I get to this one silly bolt that I can't see
in the cross member.... and after several attempts at socket sizes.... I
realize what My Hero Ken has done.... he put a dang Allen head bolt in
.... HMMMM  Cuss Cuss.... two seconds later life is good....

        Now to be fair and get to the purpose of this post..... Ken mentioned
this
to me at the time cause we lost the bolt that went there....  and I really
do want to thank him for taking the time and becoming involved while we
were out there on the salt.... Ken and Rose both were real treats and
honestly made Speedweek very enjoyable....

        For those of you who don't know how this works... you really can show up
on the salt with a pair of hands and desire to be involved and get dirty
tired and stinky with the rest of us.... all ya got to do is look around...
everyone out there needs something.. and most of us are smart enough to
help out in some way...

        Ken again Thank Rose for your time.... Sure enjoyed the hands...

Keith ( oh and by the way... the finger is working good this week... just
in case I run across one of the lesser informed )