RE: That Dang Ken Bond

To: "'Ed Van Scoy'" <ed@vetteracing.com>, Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: RE: That Dang Ken Bond
From: "Clay, Dale" <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 09:54:40 -0700
Ahh, the memories!  My first time on the salt and I got to experience it
all.  The thrash, the record, the 2 Club dinner, meeting lots of good folks,
some I already "knew" from this list.  Wow, how many get to experience that
their first time there?

Thanks Ed & Linda for allowing me to be a little part.  And thanks to all
the rest, including Ken & Rose.  (Another first: a collage professor who's a
gearhead AND a gun guy! LOL).

Sorry I missed Speed Week this year, but was out of country, hope to make
one of the later meets, though.

Dale C.

PS:  Ed, let me know when its time to reinstall that motor.

                Then there was the infamous Speedwwk 2000 great JB Weld
                incident..... For those that didn't hear this story.....
After
                the fan hit the radiator (usually in life something else
hits
                the fan...), I'm sitting in impound with a qualifier and a
                leaky radiator. While I worked on other stuff, Dale Clay.
Ken
                & Rose went trick-or-treating for JB Weld in the pits. After
                shaking down Les Leggitt & others for their secret stashes,
we
                thought we had it licked. Impound closed before we could add
                water to test our work. Zero dark thirty next AM, add water,
                discover a BIG leak we had missed.....What to do? the line
was
                forming to parade out to the start for return runs & my
                radiator is taking a leak all over the salt. Well, Ken &
Rose
                took offf in their car and headed back to Wendover for more
                JB. While the line creeped forward (I was last in line) I
                could see a "no return" in my future. With 5 cars left in
                line, Ken & Rose ran up with 2 tubes of quick-dry epoxy. We
                slathered it all over the "holey" area, and I suited up.
When
                I was on deck & belted in I said "add water & lets see what
                happens' Well long story short, the dang thing held water!
                Return run was successful. Never did ask where in the hell
                they found that stuff at 6:30 AM in booming downtown
Wendover
                (wasn't time) but you gotta ask; how many people would do
that
                for you? It would be a short list. So that's my "Bond
story".
                Ed

entities other than the intended recipient or employees of
MD Helicopters, Inc. is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please
contact the sender by email and delete the material from any computer..