RE: That Dang Ken Bond

To: "Clay, Dale" <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>
Subject: RE: That Dang Ken Bond
From: Ed Van Scoy <ed@vetteracing.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:44:26 -0700
Well, there you go again proving what an inconsiderate ass I
can be.... As soon as I hit "send" I said "DOH!" (insert
mental picture of Homer Simpson here) as to the fact that I
had totally ignored all the help that Dale Clay provided
before and on the salt. And, let's not forget El Mirage
either.... Anyway, I was fortunate to meet all these fine
folks (and others) on this list. When I first ripped into my
beautiful street Vette 10 years ago in an effort to turn it
into a serious race car, I burned up a bazillion minutes of
long distance telephone minutes trying to get rule
clarifications and "building" tips. Today, all you have to do
is type a question to this list, and aside from various great
opinions, thanks to SCTA and USFRA participation on this list,
you can get "official" answers to many questions. Not a bad
deal for your buck... Some of you can remember Linda & I
struggling with the Vette by ourselves (WHAT crew?) Again
thanks to this list (and a bit of meddling by KT), I have had
volenteer crew members for the last few years, that have
worked 16 hours a day in the heat for nothing more than an
occasional hamburger, and if we did REAL good, maybe a cold
beer ;-)  So I will also use this forum to give thanks to ALL
of the people that have helped Linda & I in the past year  I'm
struggling to get the car ready for WOS... Still have fingers
crossed.... So hope to see as many of you there as possible.
Ed