Re: MC Chain

To: Rick Yacoucci <turborick@TurboRick.com>
Subject: Re: MC Chain
From: "Bryan A. Savage Jr" <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 08:43:24 -0700
Rick, some additional detail to Howard's comment.

After Howard ran the car in 1987 with a stock motor and Duckworth
racing chain, I was in a panic. In seven runs the chain wore/stretched
so much that both sprockets were trash. We had to make significant
chain adjustment after every run.

I went to a Drag Bike USA event in Fremont (CA) as Jack Dolan's guest and
talked to the guys running Top Fuel. They told me that Tsubaki was the
only chain that they couldn't break and if I didn't use it I was an
idiot. They were very adamant.
With Tsubaki ->all<- sprocket wear ceased and a small adjustment was made
after 2-3 runs.

Makes me wonder if you got some counterfeit chain? I got mine directly
from Tsubaki, not a retailer.

Of course this is 2002 not 1988 so what I'm talking here is history.
Interesting, but may not apply today.

I'd keep using what works for me so I'm not suggesting that you change.
Now that you've made some nice test runs, when are you going to open it
up and run 300+ MPH..... When not if!
WOS?
WF?

Bryan