FW: MC Chain

To: "Land Speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: MC Chain
From: "Dana Goulston" <dana@goulston.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 16:55:41 -0700
Yes, I run the RK X-ring 530 (130-link) chain. Lots of stretch at first than
very little. I go to the local drag strip for a dozen or so runs the week
before each lakes meet to dial in the carbs (lots of fun if you get the
chance).

The drag launches can be pretty hard on the chain, but mine seems to have
settled in.

Switching to a 520 would entail machining the new rear sprocket (ID) to fit
my custom adapter, then spending more for the chain. I'll probably wait till
I'm trying to squeeze those few extra horsies down the road.

Thanks to all who responded. Great advice!!!!

Dana

Looks like I am the ODDball here. I do not and will not ever use a Tsubaki
chain
I have broke 2 low mileage chains and they stretch like crazy.
I use the RK Oring chains never broke one, they stretch for the first 2 runs
but after that
they are low maintenance .These experiences are running these chains on a
250hp Hayabusa
and a 350hp Turbo GSXR1100 so bikes with less hp might be fine with the
Tsubaki.

Rick