RE: Race bike Stability and Safety

To: "'Higginbotham Land Speed Racing'" <saltrat@pro-blend.com>,
Subject: RE: Race bike Stability and Safety
From: "Waldron, James" <James.Waldron@CWUSA.COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 16:09:55 -0400
Skip,

Yeah.  The CG has always seemed pretty easy (especially since I found that
the state department of weights and measures will loan me a certified scale
good up to 2000lbs).  It was always trying to calculate/figure our the CP.
This web site suggests an interesting technique of projecting the profile of
the object onto a sheet of paper (a scale model in this case I think),
cutting out the profile, and then finding where the center of balance of the
paper is - which they claim is the CP! (?) (Sounds too easy.)

Perhaps you or the good Dr. Mayf could comment further?

Thanks,
Jim.