Re: Race bike Stability and Safety

To: "Bryan A. Savage Jr" <basavage@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Race bike Stability and Safety
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 07:05:58 -0700
As one of my associates in the Space Station Program once said...look for
the blue tennis ball in the box of white ones. He meant thatif you can find
one problem then the proposed solution is suspect. Here is what I think
about tryint to use the weather vane approach o locating the CP. First blue
tennis ball...they don't do it with airplanes. Second blue tennis
ball...method does dot account for under car or side of car shapes. Third
tennis ball...does not account for things like windsheild on open cars.  So
here we have at least three things that make the method suspect, so th
eusefullness is really in doubt in my mind. If ya'll like it, then go for
it? But there is no basis in fact for using it. Just opinions and hunches.
Not good engineering in my opinion and we know what that is worth, don't we?
"0"

mayf