RE: Fuel Shut off

To: "Land-Speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fuel Shut off
From: "Jim Webb" <jwebb@mastnet.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 21:20:11 -0500
We got dinged in tech last year after a motor swap. We swapped from a
mechanically fuel injected motor to a fairly stock Rat with a fatory-syle
mechanical pump. The tech guys insisted on a mechanical fuel shutoff. I
don't really know why, except that we still had a fuel shutoff knob in the
dash from the mechanically injected motor that had no place to go.

We were told at the time that if we had an electric pump, no mechanical
shutoff was required, but with the stock mechanical pump it was... ???
Needless to say, we fabricated a shutoff valve from parts obtained at the
Wendover hardware store.

Jim Webb
Big Red Truck From Texas