Re: New Members

To: Doug Odom <popms@thegrid.net>
Subject: Re: New Members
From: Michael Siewert <mdsiewer@ucalgary.ca>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 14:46:05 -0600
Ok, I'll consider myself proded.
I did an introduction of sorts when I jumped into the truck thread a
short time ago, but didn't include any "other" interests.

I'm Mike Siewert, here in Calgary, Alberta. I'm a member of the "North
of 49" 1149 B/STR Crew. My father was the project instigator and one
of the drivers, my role promotion. I flog the project via a website,
articles in local newsletters and I drew up our T shirts.
I'm an electronic tech. in the Chemistry Department of the University
here, mostly that entails fixing and operation of anything around here
that might have electrons running through it.
I ride a bicycle to work year round +30 to -30 C, sunshine, rain or
snow. I've been a Scout leader for the past 14 years, this year is my
first away from the movement. Now my oldest is into a Marching Band
and I'm learning that everything about Funky Winkerbean's "Mr. Dinkle"
is true.

Best thing about the list? It keeps transporting me back to
Bonneville, and the Wendover Burger King.

--
Michael D. Siewert
Technical Support Group, Department of Chemistry