Re: shop lighting

To: Doug Odom <popms@thegrid.net>,
Subject: Re: shop lighting
From: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 16:05:49 -0700
Doug,

There's some interesting halogen bulbs available now to replace 100 watt and
larger bulbs for standard industrial type fixtures that really provide a lot
of light.  Might try one and see what you think.  My designer daughter says
the light is better for your eyes but there is a danger from the very hot
bulbs.  Don't put one where there is a danger of it breaking while people
are around.  I have one over my work bench and have been very comfortable
with the light I get from it.  I intend to put one over my potters wheel to
provide additional light because the 4 tube, 4 foot fluorescent fixture
isn't quite as bright as I would like when I'm cleaning up down in the
middle of a taller cylinder.  Combined with your standard fluorescent
fixtures already there, they really help.  You might find a lighting
consultant with a meter who would come out and check things for you from the
place where you buy your lights.

Wes