RE: shop lighting

To: "'Bryan A. Savage Jr'" <basavage@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: shop lighting
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 10:48:42 -0500
Bryan;

Agreed. Those GE Sunshine fluorescents are excellent, too.

I carefully shopped around for my light fixtures and tubes and did a lot of
comparisons between the light fixtures in a display at Home Depot. The ones
with the best cost/light output seemed to be two high-efficiency industrial
ones-- one a recessed mount and the other a surface mount. They were made by
Lithonia Lighting and cost about $48 each without tubes.

I used the $8.99 (with 2x40W tubes) el cheapo suspended fixtures in my old
garage before and those never seemed to be bright enough.

For extra fine detail work, a good halogen gooseneck light mounted on your
workbench is indispensable.

Regards, Neil     Tucson, AZ