RE: New Member

To: "'Bluebird'" <k7bluebird@yahoo.co.uk>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: New Member
From: "Clay, Dale" <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 08:01:50 -0700
Welcome to the list, Brian!  Where in the UK do you live?  I get over there
a few times a year.  Ugo's models are, indeed, fine.

Dale C.
Apache Junction, AZ

                Subject:        New Member

                  Joined your list a few months ago and found it a great
source of information on salt racing - the updates during Speed Week  from
Jonathan's site was fantastic - being based in the UK - I rely on the
internet for getting info on my interest LSR Racing and Unlimited
Hydroplanes
                 As I say I am based in the UK and my interest in straight
line racing started in the late 60's when I took up motorcycle sprinting on
650 Triumph - I retained this interest  right up to the late 80's  by this
time riding a blown 500 Triumph. I then sold of the bikes ( am now trying to
obtain another bike to ride in vintage events - unless you need the $$ never
sell your equipment) I have kept my interest alive by collecting LSR and WSR
models - Just back from a short visit to Ugo Fadini in Padova ( The Burkland
Streamliner now added to the collection ) Not only does Ugo  Produce the
finest 1/43 models in the world - His collection of photographs and tech
information of all things LSR is phenomenal - I could have spent a week with
him and still not seen all the information he has in his home. A great guy
with a passion for LSR

                 Well that is my "new member update" I will continue to read
with great interest the postings on this list for all things salt racing

                 Brian Millin UK

entities other than the intended recipient or employees of
MD Helicopters, Inc. is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please
contact the sender by email and delete the material from any computer..