RE: New Member

To: "Land Speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: New Member
From: "Dana Goulston" <dana@goulston.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 09:59:27 -0700
Welcome Brian!

Dana
#789b

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-land-speed@autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-land-speed@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Bluebird
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2002 1:22 AM
To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: New Member

  Joined your list a few months ago and found it a great source of
information on salt racing - the updates during Speed Week  from Jonathan's
site was fantastic - being based in the UK - I rely on the internet for
getting info on my interest LSR Racing and Unlimited Hydroplanes
 As I say I am based in the UK and my interest in straight line racing
started in the late 60's when I took up motorcycle sprinting on 650
Triumph - I retained this interest  right up to the late 80's  by this time
riding a blown 500 Triumph. I then sold of the bikes ( am now trying to
obtain another bike to ride in vintage events - unless you need the $$ never
sell your equipment) I have kept my interest alive by collecting LSR and WSR
models - Just back from a short visit to Ugo Fadini in Padova ( The Burkland
Streamliner now added to the collection ) Not only does Ugo  Produce the
finest 1/43 models in the world - His collection of photographs and tech
information of all things LSR is phenomenal - I could have spent a week with
him and still not seen all the information he has in his home. A great guy
with a passion for LSR

 Well that is my "new member update" I will continue to read with great
interest the postings on this list for all things salt racing

 Brian Millin UK

 Note for Malclom ( non LSR private joke) Fastest qualifier at San Diego
piston power  average speed of 160.370 mph - pistons on the comeback trail ?