RE: Octane Booster

To: "'Ed Van Scoy'" <ed@vetteracing.com>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Octane Booster
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 14:58:12 -0500
Ed;

Some years back we used a low percentage of xylene (or toluene-- I can't
remember which it was) & gasoline in a ski boat powered with a BBC. Some
rejetting & timing changes were needed, though. Nothing blew up.

Some pretty radical fuel mixtures were concocted by racers before the days
of standardized fuel regulations. In the old days, those exotic fuel
mixtures were refered to as "bug juice."

Regards, Neil     Tucson, AZ