Nolan White

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Nolan White
From: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 09:10:44 -0700
I just received a phone call from Dave Koehler notifying me that Nolan White
passed away during the night.  He never regained consciousness after
reaching the hospital.

The family had requested that there be no updates on his condition but the
life support systems had been removed over 24 hours ago.

This is a loss to the whole Land Speed family.  Nolan never stopped trying
to go faster and proved that his theories and his car could do it.  He lost
his life doing what he had done for some forty years, going fast.  His car
performed well but other factors entered into the equation.  He died chasing
a dream while doing something he loved.  When you push the extreme limits
you test the results.  How many of us will be as fortunate?

When there is news on where to express condolences I'm sure the word will be
available on the list.

All our love to the White family.

Wes