Nolan White

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Nolan White
From: BWANA343@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 19:36:49 EDT
Re "My sincerest to the White family and to the land speed racing fraternity.
 We have lost a friend that I never met.
Dick Jurkowski
In East Texas
 I was in San Diego 2 summers ago at the Harley dealer when my budding
affiliation with the LSR community was brought up in conversation. I heard a
lot about Nolan White, local hero, and have since savored the possibility of
meeting him. I believe totally what Wes said, and I've read before on this
list about our common quest to run at the edge of our personal limitations.
Everyone I know well is aware that I have no problem with going out the same
way, doing what I want the most. ...Beats the hell out of golf, fishing,
cards, and A.A.R.P - ing . I do not condone or approve of not putting less
than 110% into our sport, be it 127 mph or 427 mph, and I'm positive  that
between the majority of our participants and the tech we must pass, the White
situation was an aberration....Bob,hoping it don't rain at Maxton next week,
Wanner