RE: Chassis Fabrication Book?

To: "'Daniel Wright'" <daniel.wright@genetics.utah.edu>,
Subject: RE: Chassis Fabrication Book?
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 11:07:13 -0600
Dan;

Check Steve Smith Autosports. They probably have some on stock car chassis.

http://www.ssapubl.com/index.cfm?do=list&categoryid=14

There is a very old book called "Racing and Sports Car Chassis Design" by
Michael Costin & David Phipps that has some useful info.

One of my favorites is an obscure British book written by an amateur who
built his own hillclimb "special"; the title is "High Speed, Low Cost" by
Allan Staniforth. It is written in a very readable style and it certainly is
one that getting you "psyched" to build something yourself. Although it
addresses small-displacement single-seat chassis design, the principles
remain useful.

Staniforth has also written a more comprehensive book "Competition Car
Suspension. Design, Construction, Tuning." It covers suspension but has a
bit on chassis as well.

Regards, Neil     Tucson, AZ