RE: Records - Re: Wake up, honey -- we're home!

To: Jon Wennerberg <jonw@up.net>, "'Joe Amo'" <jkamo@rap.midco.net>,
Subject: RE: Records - Re: Wake up, honey -- we're home!
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 16:02:18 -0800 (PST)
Apparently, we have both of the people we need right here on this list. If you
have a question, you oughta email one of them for an answer.  It looks like Dan
for SCTA and John Beckett for ECTA.  Last year I was real anxious to get a
record, any record, for my sixteen year old daughter/first time driver.  Up
until a couple months before the meet, there were four different ways I could
have configured my car to go after any one of the four open records.  Rather
than dissapoint my daughter, (she had no idea that she was going to end up a
record holder) I checked with John a couple of weeks before the meet and found
that two of the records had been taken at the previous meet.  I quickly got out
the duct tape and sheet metal and "changed" the car's class.  Monica came away
from her first ever race with a record.  Obviously, there's no need to over-do
bugging those guys, but on special occassions, I know for a fact that they are
willing to help.
Dick J