Re: Tires

To: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tires
From: "Jonathan Amo" <webmaster@landracing.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 12:39:10 -0700
Dave,

The tire selection you picked I would say would be an excellent choice. To
find a good mileage warranty is sometimes hard to find on a truck tire. The
tread pattern seems to be a type that would have minimal road noise.
Where you buy the tire is the biggest issue.
Do they offer free repairs, what type of road hazard do they offer for
replacement, do they offer free rotates for life of tire or balances. Tire
rotating and alignments are the biggest facture on tire life. Most recommend
tire rotation every 3-5 thousand miles. So to have this service free with
purchase of tires will save you in long run. And most places will kill your
warranty if you do not show proof that they have been rotated at regular
intervals. And Dave you don't strike me as the kind of guy that wants to
waste your valuable time switching tires around on a regular basis. These
are the issues to think about when purchasing a tire. You can generally get
any tire you want from many different places, but the perks they offer is
what would be the final issue to me anyway. Stick with name brand tires can
help get it replaced at several places nationwide if need be. Generic tire
are hard to find to replace resulting in different tires on vehicle. Which
can lead to unwanted radial pulls from different patterns.
And if they offer tire sipeing (sp?) forget it. Waste of time, and most
manufactures don't recommend it. I feel if it really helped how come NO
manufactured tire already has it done?

Just thoughts,
Jonathan Amo

> This is a little off topic.. But the Toyota 4Runner SUV needs some tires..
Don't