Re: Alcohol Heads On Gas?

To: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Subject: Re: Alcohol Heads On Gas?
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 06:52:17 -0500
I have never heard of an 'Alky' cylinder head to be honest. They all flow air
right?? You definitely have the right intake though :>) now what would it take
you to get into some good EFI to go with that manifold( Motec I am a WD so the
price could get pretty right)? What size butterfly? I would assume 2 5/8 for the
355.. we normally run a 2 3/8 to 2 7/16 on a 302 for road racing and EFI.. If I
can't sell them a set of slides that is. The real answer is what does the torque
meter on the dyno say about them? I have also read that at anything over 14.7 to
1 CR that the pumping losses exceed the gains at high rpm. On a sprint car you
are not looking for peak power but throttle response and torque off the corner
so for them a 15/1 engine would be a benefit for LSR it may be a bit high. I am
shooting for 14.5 in the N/A Toyota if I can get the rest of the parts finished
for it. I have dynoed a few WoO engines and 740 and 610 ft lbs seems to be where
they were about 4 or 5 years ago and not much has really changed since then that
i am aware of. I did one and changed it all around, different nozzles different
headers and ram tubes got it to 785 and 635 ft lbs.. Driver said i ruined it
kept blowing the tires out from under the car. Too responsive and came on too
quick, go figure..
Dave