Re: stealing records

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: stealing records
From: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 18:34:02 -0800
Back in the late 60's Ken and I were running a Studibaker in D gas
supercharged coupe. The then current El Mirage record holder (a board
member) told us he was going to protest us if we qualified because we didn't
have the windshield wiper motors in place. Mind you the arms and blades had
to be removed to run. What my partner told him was "you will know we went
faster than you and we will know we went faster than you, nobody else
counts!"
Jim in Palmdale