RE: stealing records

To: "'Jim Dincau'" <jdincau@qnet.com>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: stealing records
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 10:06:35 -0600
Scott;

I'll echo what everyone else here has already said. Real racers don't resent
losing their records-- hostility in racing is mostly in bad movies and TV
shows.

An example of the selflessness of some racers: back in the very early '70s,
Can-Am racing was the biggest racing series there was-- big-time world-class
teams competed in unlimited racing. We ran an unsponsored M8C McLaren
(shoestring effort) against big-bucks professional teams. When we blew our
engine in practice (aluminum big-block Chevy), the fellows on the UOP Shadow
team lent us some Crane roller rocker arms so that we could rebuild it and
race the next day.

We finished ahead of the whole Shadow team! No grumbling or hostility from
anyone on that team, just "wait 'til next time!"

Regards, Neil     Tucson, AZ