FW: Don Vesco

To: "Land Speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Don Vesco
From: "Dana" <dana@goulston.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 22:52:36 -0800
I'm shocked!

It was only a few months ago when Don graciously stopped what he was doing
in his shop and spent a half hour talking with me long distance about my
scooter and the turbo issues I was facing.

I also remember having dinner one Saturday evening at the Outback steakhouse
in Lancaster a few years back. I was eating alone (I had patrol the next
day), and I overheard a crowded table next to me doing some serious
bench-racing. I walked over to the table of eight guys in race t-shirts and
just started chatting ... you-know ... racer-to-racer. Don told me to sit
down and asked me if I was a racer, and then started asking me about my
bike. As I talked, he really listened, and then jumped in here and there
with (valuable) suggestions and advice.

All this time, I had no idea who he was. I later figured it out when I saw
the "Turbinator" t-shirts, and his crew on the lake bed the next day. What a
class act!

The sky's the limit Don!

Dana