Re: Don Vesco

To: DahMurf <dahmurf_xl@yahoo.com>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Don Vesco
From: Twin Jugs Cycle <twinjugsharley@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 17:23:46 -0800 (PST)
What Russ said earlier sure somes it up for me....
"Here, everybody has an equal chance to prove
themselves. That's why this sport is better than the
rest of life."
And if Don Vesco didn't prove himself alright! What an
icon in my book and for me to just type his name here
is closer to him then I would of ever expected.
Whether into cars or bikes, his is a name that is
known by all. A humble man with a big heart from words
I heard after the last meet Dad Land went to and Don
had sent him a personal momento for his help out
there.
God blessed are those that have accomplished our goals
set during our existence.. to be in the same room here
with those that are either legends themselves or have
been fortunate enough to be with the legends of this
sport puts me in awe. Thanks to those of you that make
up this list, do all you can to keep the sport alive
and allow a green guy like me to try and make a mark.
Man.. some of ya'll seem like you've been racing since
before I was born.. (Oh yeah some of you have - lol).
And like Deb said.. "We sure hate to not meet some of
all the great people here". Special thanks to those of
the ECTA for getting some of us east coasters involved
in such a great thing.

Condolences and major amounts of gratitude to all the
family and friends of Don Vesco.... ride slow Don,
you've made your mark!

Todd-#1300