Re: Tear drop

To: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: Tear drop
From: Bryan Savage <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 21:32:19 -0800
My opinion ....
To get a very rough idea, I would scale down the fuselage (no wings or
horizontal tail plane)
of a Boeing 777. It is designed by some of the smartest subsonic
aircraft developers around to
accomplish just what we try to do -- Design an efficient shape that you
can put stuff in. The tail
fin doesn't need to be proportionally that big but you do need one for
stability. The smoother the
better and if your 1 or 2% short, a good coat of aircraft wax should get
you there. Another
thing you could do is go to an airport that has sailplanes. They are
super low drag and much closer
to what we use and they may give you some ideas. Talk to the owners if
you can for answers to
why ____? Some of them are very knowledgeable.

Bryan