Re: Tear drop

To: wmtsmith@landracing.com, Jonathan Amo <webmaster@landracing.com>,
Subject: Re: Tear drop
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 06:38:13 -0800 (PST)
I would think that there is a point where ideal shape and ideal size diverge.
Granted, a true teardrop might be the best shape, but if it has to be eight
feet wide by thirty six feet long, but the the overall  envelope needed to
cover the power train and driver can be half that size, then i would think that
the advantage of perfect shape is not as great as reducing the overall size by
fifty percent.   Powered by the same motor, a small brick might be faster than
a very large tear drop.
Dick J
 wmtsmith@landracing.com wrote:Jon, I read that a teardrop needs a 4 times
length to width to be effective--I am trying to use a 6 to one.

Now the question I don't know--do you figure 1/2 the width and that is the
relationship for just that side or do you have to use total width? wmts