RE: Battery Voltage

To: Russel Mack <rtmack@concentric.net>, ardunbill@webtv.net,
Subject: RE: Battery Voltage
From: Glenn Ridlen <gridlen@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 12:01:46 -0800 (PST)
Russ
We havn't had any cranking problems with the big blocks and I don't expect any
from the "D" motor I am building. It just seems to me that if your ignition
system is designed for 14.5 volts then it might not be all it could be at 12.
MSD says there systems will work down to 9 volts but I am not sure they are at
max capacity at such a low voltage. We run an electric water pump also which
must pull the voltage down a little.

                      Glenn
 Russel Mack <rtmack@concentric.net> wrote:Glenn:.  Are you also looking for
added cranking power?Russ, #1226B