Re: Battery Voltage

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Battery Voltage
From: Henry Deaton <hdeaton@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 18:01:19 -0800
Here's a few suggestions. Any idea how much current the ignition draws?

How about using two 8-volt tractor batteries for a 16-volt setup?

Also, you could use seven 2-volt Hawker Cyclone lead-acid battery cells
(http://www.hepi.com/) to make a 14-volt battery.

What might be the slickest setup would be to run a 12-volt to 15-volt
DC-to-DC converter off your 12-volt battery, and power the ignition with 15
volts.

Henry Deaton
SF, CA