RE: Welding vs Brazing

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Welding vs Brazing
From: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 11:55:55 -0600
RE: Welding vs BrazingNeil:
I agree that most of the technology we seek is probably on file in some
aerospace archives.  Trouble is, those folks have always been so secretive
with their info!  I think it is a habit with them, even when it makes no
sense.

For example: I'd really love to have a thorough explanation (and the
equations) for the design of the radiator ducting used in Spitfires &
Mustangs during WW-II.  Can't find it.  Surely nobody can consider it a
strategic secret anymore!

As for the welding coupon tensile tests-- they aren't expensive, and are
commonly available in any area where welders must be qualified and/or
certified to work in a particular industry.  Probably hundreds of such tests
are conducted in Houston every month.  In fact, if somebody could provide
the coupons, I might could get the tests conducted gratis.

I like the way you approach LSR; seems similar to my own perspective.
Russ, #1226B