RE: One engine

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: One engine
From: John Szalay <john.szalay@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 21:17:32 -0500
At 03:47 PM 1/15/03 -0600, you wrote:
>Really, John, I was joking!
>But wouldn't it be neat to tuck one of those badboys into a bellytank--
>maybe w/C-130 wheels & tires, like "Phoenix"--??  Some Corsairs sre said to
>have run near 500mph-- and that's with all the air drag from wings & such!
>Russ

  Oh I figured that, but as a lark, I looked to see what was available.
(and rub it in too )

we have some small engine & hit & miss engine get to-gethers around here
and there is a guy that shows up that has a radial engine mounted in
the bed of his ford pickup.  it does not power the truck, but he fires
it up for show,
    Love the sound of those radials... but then I'm a motorhead from
 WAY back.... all types of engines.
 When we ride on the Bell of Louisville  steamboat, I spend most of
my time watching the steam engines.   Even took a day off from work
back in the 70's to watch the HUGE steam water pumping engines run
for the last time, before they cut them up...
engines  similar to these.with flywheels close to 30 foot in dia..

http://www.villagenet.co.uk/rotherlevels/customers/brede-giants.html
http://ktk.bidmc.harvard.edu/photo/uk-96/17-07.html