Re: Arfon's Aerodynamics

To: dad land <eaglemot@bellsouth.net>,
Subject: Re: Arfon's Aerodynamics
From: Twin Jugs Cycle <twinjugsharley@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 12:02:20 -0800 (PST)
I hear ya dad. I think I might have been
misunderstood. Don't get me wrong, not saying theory
isn't "extremely valuable"(without it noone would try
anything new)... I just think that the true real world
experiences shared are much more valuable as there's a
basis of trial an error, AND that the more I listen
the more I believe most of those experiences have come
from personal "no choice" situations then theory. But
hey, i'm just some snot nosed wrench, very green
landspeed racer with a few hair brained ideas that are
spawning a little more from ability and necessity then
experience or theory(not that some aren't coming from
this).... *that's why i'm here!
IE: if I have some mild steel that when put in to the
design is structurally sound, I can't go with chrome
moly because of the theory that lighter is better
100%. It's just not monetarily or time line feasible
for me to change direction once in build mode, so I
gotta go with what I've got. Like you said.. you have
to start somewhere. I can only put all I can in my
mind(or somewhere on this damn desktop) until I can
put it in MY real world.
In other words.. theory alone may not have allowed Art
to get his vehicle in his bus. We all have our limits.
Sorry if that was misunderstood,
Todd Dross