Re: Arfon's Aerodynamics

To: joe lance <jlance2@msn.com>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Arfon's Aerodynamics
From: Twin Jugs Cycle <twinjugsharley@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 06:34:48 -0800 (PST)
> art said he didn't understand that scientific
> stuff,so he just built the green monster to fit in a
> bus.

I love that train of thought... very realistic!
It's funny how sometimes are own personal
circumstances create more viable real world solutions
to our problems then all the theory we can over load
our mind with. I happened to accidently fall into a
tear that Paul Batts had already came up with simply
by a combination of wanting to feel comfortable in a
tuck, the basis of modified rules of ECTA and SCTA,
and the amount of material I had available to make it
that way.
The only testing I did on what a few of us that work
together are basing our setups on was to attach a
string to the front of different cardboard cutouts and
use my blow gun over it(so Dad's wind tunnel is going
to be on the cutting edge "for me" as I only have one
other thing for comparison - cardboard and an air
compressor). Was this testing... in my backyard mind
it was, was it scientific... not whatsoever, did it
have the ability to allow me to get some sleep and get
back to work on my project... absolutley.
I believe in keeping it simple but very seldom have
the ability to practice it.
Todd Dross-(very thankful for a couple buddies that
smack me upside the head to get me back on track when needed)