Re: Arfon's Aerodynamics, a thought.

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Arfon's Aerodynamics, a thought.
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 15:40:51 -0800
Lots of things going on with a golf ball. For instance it rotates backwards
at nearly 10,000 rpm during flight (off a driver) and just off the club
head. Tiger hits one and it may go faster. My personal thought is that the
dimples simply are a way to collapse the air behind the ball so that it is
less turbulent. Just my thought with no  engineering behind it. Don't think
it works with cars though some claim it does. Not me. I want the air on the
skin of my car to be laminar and the boundary layer close. Least drag. You
can hit the delete key now...

mayf