RE: Arfon's Aerodynamics, a thought.

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Arfon's Aerodynamics, a thought.
From: "Waldron, James" <James.Waldron@CWUSA.COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 12:56:30 -0500
Ahhhhhhh. (Straining the brain hard now.) I seem to recall that
Scientific American did a story on boat hulls for (America's cup,
single sculls, something?) where they determined that if you
put a whole bunch of tiny holes on the skin and then forced
compressed air through (from inside to outside) that it did
something to the boundary layer - - - anyway reduced friction.

Air is a lot thinner than water, but at our speeds - - -

OK, want to go faster? - you just need to pass
a little gas.......

Maybe the Flue Flame Special was on to something.

J.