RE: Cheap Aero Reads

To: "'Albaugh, Neil'" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>, <ardunbill@webtv.net>,
Subject: RE: Cheap Aero Reads
From: "Jon Wennerberg" <jonw@up.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 17:08:32 -0500
Hey, he's a local guy -- from Ishpeming, about 20 miles from here.  The
local airport building is named for him.  Lotsa cool stories about him.
Thanks for mentioning his name!

The story goes that he was once talking with Ronald Reagan -- Reagan asked
what we should do if the Russians built a plane that could go faster than
the SR71 -- Johnson said "Mr. President, then we should push the throttles a
little farther!"

Jon

Bill;

Just a few details:

Kelly Johnson was the head of the Lockheed "Skunk Works" for years and
years; he designed the P-38, P-80, U-2, SR-71, etc, etc, etc. Truly an
awesome talent.