Re: electricals

To: "W S Potter" <wester6935@attbi.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: electricals
From: "Ron Gibson" <rgg14@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 21:26:16 -0600
Wes
On my big trucks whenever I had to use a crimp type terminal or connector I
allways made sure that I had non corroded end on the wire and then put a
small drop of silicone in the terminal. I inserted the wire, twisted to
spread the silicone, then crimped. Seals out all moisture and ties the
connector to the wire and helps eliminate  fatigue cracking. If on a post, I
cleaned, smeared silicone. tightened, then coated with silicone. Really
slows down if not completely stops corrosion. There is a diaelectric silicon
grease( available at parts stores or truck parts stores) that is what the
factory uses on light bulbs and plug together connectors. It also seals out
moisture, but allows it to come apart easily.
Ron