RE: Dry sump

To: "Glenn Ridlen" <gridlen@yahoo.com>, "Dave Dahlgren"
Subject: RE: Dry sump
From: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 13:49:46 -0600
Glenn:
I don't have the %power requirement for the lube system "off the top of my
head", but I can probably find some good numbers with a little research in
my library.

A "total loss" electrical system is frequently used when converting a
"street" engine for (non-"endurance") racing.  It consists of running the
battery without an on-board charging system (which consumes power), and
doing your charging in the pits.

I'll see if Dave or someone offers some numbers for lube system power
consumption; if not, I'll see what I can find.
Russ, #1226B