Re: Dry sump

To: DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>
Subject: Re: Dry sump
From: Ed Van Scoy <ed@vetteracing.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 15:53:41 -0700
I run a total loss system, and a dry sump (off the crank). I
can spin the pump easily with my hand, so I really doubt it is
eating up much HP. MSD claims that the quality of spark is
more important than the quantity of spark.... Not really sure
what they mean by that , but I have a gage (actually a box
with 3 L.E.D.'s) that is wired between the MSD box and the
power source (battery) The green LED lights when the power to
the MSD is optimal, yellow means marginal, and red means
battery needs charging. MSD makes it ONLY for total loss
systems. Never seen another one on another car, but I guess it
is another layer of security for me.
Ed