Re: Aero Testing

To: John Beckett <landspeedracer@msn.com>,
Subject: Re: Aero Testing
From: Twin Jugs Cycle <twinjugsharley@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 07:24:05 -0800 (PST)
I like that idea John, this would give a
CD(coefficient of drag)# "referenced by time" rather
then just Aero-drag right? If coasting speed(neutral)
could be put at a constant going in(an even 100mph
say) I think the timing lights in the traps would be a
great reference,(of course the farther the lights are
apart the more accurate the difference in readings
would be). The faster the time acheived, the better
the cd. Probably not relevant to real cd numbers(i
don't think?) but the coast down would sure show if
any work improved the cd(be it anything from aero help
to wheel bearings).
Todd- (now where could we find a track on the east
coast that has a fairly smooth surface and timing
lights....hmmm?)

Todd Dross
Twin Jugs Racing
#1300b