Re: Aero Testing

To: rgribble <rgribble@carolina.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Aero Testing
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 05:36:24 -0500
you have everything you need then... a full pass at full speeds with a coastdown
of 20 or 30 mph less than peak speed ought to be plenty.. the problem with the
tach though is it needs to be power off.. no engine connected to the wheels
otherwise you would be changing the aero load with the difference in friction in
your engine.. but you could use one of these tachs connected to a wheel speed
sensor.. I wonder if one of those 150 dollar G meters could do the same thing..
Dave