RE: Dry sump

To: "John Szalay" <john.szalay@worldnet.att.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Dry sump
From: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 21:19:42 -0600
John:
great info.  Thanks.
Russ, #1226B

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-land-speed@autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-land-speed@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of John Szalay
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 4:00 PM
To: land-speed@autox.team.net

At 08:10 AM 1/28/03 -0700, you wrote:
>Russ, that electric vacuum pump is a chrysler unit
>you can source it out much cheaper...
>Joe :)
>
>Russel Mack wrote:
>
>>In this same vane-- drag bike champ Angelle Savoie's tuner is apparently
>>using a wet-sump system on her big Suzi 2-valve 4-cyl.  However, he uses a
>>big electric vacuum pump to scavange the crankcase, claiming an extra 10
HP >for "25 inches of vacuum".

  Aux vacuum pumps are also used in some GM cars (gas & diesel)
to make up for low engine vacuum,
 We have been using them to provide vacuum for power brakes in the
event we have a engine shutdown in our motorhomes..
(and it works great, saves on dirty shorts if you lose engine vacuum)

 Not sure if the volume would be right but they do pull a good
vacuum..

 Cars that used them..

================================='
They can be found on the following vehicles
 (it is hid under the battery tray on the drivers side)

Delco# 215-120 GM# 22062562 electric Vacuum pump

Buick Skyhawk (Body style J) -1982
Buick Skyhawk (Body style X) - Years 82 - 85
Chevy Celibrity (Body style A) Years 84-86
Chevy Caprice (Body style B) 1982
Chevy Cavalier (Body style J) 1982
Chevy Citation (Body style X) Years 82-85
Olds Cierra (Body style A) 1986
Olds Firenza (Body style J) 1982
Olds Omega (Body style X) Years 82-84
Pontiac 6000 (Body style A) Years 85-86
Pontiac J2000 (Body style J) 1982
Pontiac Phoenix (Body style X) Years 82-84

I have been told that this pump is also on the
Chevy/GMC vans (Body style G) years 90-92
but I do not know that for a fact and I am not sure
where it is located on the vehicles.

Also
 Ford Escort & mercury Lynx Diesel powered cars had an electric vacuum
pump Part# E4F2-2A451-A

Bosch electric vacuum pump
used in Mercedes (71-89 w/107 body?) & (86-96 w/124 body)