Canopies for Mod Sports

To: "land speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Canopies for Mod Sports
From: "Dan" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 08:38:53 -0800
Do you mean that the Modified Sports rules might not allow coupe bodies in the
future-- only open cockpits? Or do you mean a "canopy" such as on an
airplane-- a plastic hinged cover? Or..?
************************
Neil and list,

A coupe is OK to use in the class. There is no move afoot to disallow coupes.

The canopy rules are on page 19 of the 2002 rulebook and will more than likely
be in the same general area for 2003.

I just asked a guy I work with, network dude, techie type what he thought a
canopy was. His answer is a bubble type of top. We looked out the window and I
asked if he thought the top on a BMW M3 in the parking lot could be considered
a canopy, his answer ---------------------- no, thats the top that came with
the car.

Take a look at most streamliners and some lakesters to envision what a
SCTA/BNI canopy is. That's what my original mail was in regards to, the
addition of an airplane type bubble top on top of an OEM roadster.

Dan