RE: Allison V-1710 For Speed Trials?

To: "landspeedracer" <landspeedracer@msn.com>,
Subject: RE: Allison V-1710 For Speed Trials?
From: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 17:19:26 -0600
JB
I believe you are exactly right.  Several atmospheres of boost.  They all
used intercoolers in those days, too, with water spray on the IC tubes
creating a steam cloud behind each car.

Besides those features, Joe's (or Dave's?) BBC would have to learn to live
at 13-14,000rpm-- not to mention breathing efficiently at those revs.
Russ, #1226B