Re: Allison V-1710 For Speed Trials?

To: <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Allison V-1710 For Speed Trials?
From: "joe lance" <jlance2@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 20:54:09 -0500
I was just funnin about the 9200 HP 550 inch chevy, I'm sure the Honda guy
was thinking in terms of  2 liters or less plus a V-10 or V-12 configuration
to get the recip weight down so he could run at 18,000 RPM, pneumatically
operated valves, etc.  But the Honda guy specifically mentioned making the
same HP as the Allison with only 1.5 liters, to illustrate how far
turbocharging has advanced, in the Autoweek interview.

lance