RE: data recorder

To: "Doug Odom" <popms@thegrid.net>,
Subject: RE: data recorder
From: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 23:43:09 -0600
Doug:
for "bang for the buck" (especially number of usable/configurable channels)
I really like Bill Smith's Edelbrock "QwikData" that we used last year in
Skip Higginbotham's "Yellow Rose of Texas" (now known as "Desert Rose", last
time I heard).  I saw a table recently (on either this or the MC Chassis
list, I think) that compared features of various dataloggers, and the
QwikData stacked up really well. Hardly anything else with a comparable
number of channels, and those were WAY more expensive, as I recall.
We have not yet had enough experience with Bill's unit to be confident that
the pressure transducers and G-meters are giving reliable data, and I still
haven't found time to check the temp recording accuracy, but I sure do like
the basic datalogger.  Software for it is pretty good, too.  That's what I'm
planning on getting for my bike, when it works its way up the priority list.
Russ, #1226B