Fairing the lines

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Fairing the lines
From: "Waldron, James" <James.Waldron@CWUSA.COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 16:40:25 -0500
Gentlemen,

I've got my drawings done and am trying to figure out how
to go about fairing the fiberglass body curves.  I have
sections at various points, and I can cut patterns for
these points.  The rub is getting the compound curves between
the stations.  I've got access to a large plotter and could
plot waterlines and make templates.  What I need is some
software that would take my cross sections and create a
3D skin that I can tweak, section, and plot.  I'm not sure
I trust my eyeball to get the left side and the right side
the same, or to get the curve I want.  Any affordable options?

Thanks,
Jim W.