PP-class questions

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: PP-class questions
From: Ralph Forsythe <rf-list@centerone.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 16:17:13 -0700
I know I know, read the rule book...  Well, trouble is I don't have it yet,
and my curiosity is eating me up, so I'll ask.  I could wait a few weeks,
but where's the fun in that? :)

I'm interested in racing the PP (prod. pickup) class.  What are my
limitations?  I know I can't alter the height/width/length of the body or
change it's contours, but is that all the height restriction applies
to?  Could I say, lower the suspension and put some smaller racing
wheels/tires on it, and still be ok?

Other than no funny fuel or a blower, how "stock" does the engine/tranny
have to be?  A lot of performance add ons involve things external (i.e.
viewable as non-stock) to the engine such as carbs and intake manifolds,
better distributors, headers, etc.  Can I go nuts on the engine as long as
I stay in the CID class, or is that strictly limited?

Thanks for any answers, I know the info is in the book (which I've ordered)
but I'm trying to spec out parts and make a plan of attack for this thing
and don't want to wait a month to do it.

Cheers,
Ralph