Re: Made in USA Safety Equipment Company

To: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>, "'Dick J'"
Subject: Re: Made in USA Safety Equipment Company
From: Rick Byrnes <Rick@rbmotorsports.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 19:27:55 -0500
I spoke with Bob Stroud a number of times prior to deciding how to source my
parachute, tow straps, and harness for the new lakester.  Bob is a extremely
professional, has been around the safety business for lots of years, and
well, he is almost as old as the "Salt Bear".  He is quite respected in the
community, and I think his proximity (Ok City.) is probably the reason he
isn't consulted when we have incidents.  Jim Diest is close to the
community, and close to the salt so he is generally the first expert
consulted.  I suspect that generally one opinion relative to failure
analysis is required.

Stroud is not a sponsor,  but the quality of design, manufacture, and racer
communication is outstanding.  When he suggests a specific design, he will
explain how he arrives at those recommendations.  I have been extremely
happy with my experiences and will continue to utilize his products and
services.
NOW, all I gotta do is get thru Tech     :-d

Rick